Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!




This top is a simple DIY creation I did specifically for Independence Day. The top was originally a long tunic but I shortened it and fringed it out. I paired the top with my white denim skirt because it is just simply TOO DAMN HOT outside to wear anything else. I wore the blue suede heels and a red bandanna to keep with the color scheme and to keep my hair off my face. I am wearing a red anchor necklace and 2 beaded necklaces I made wrapped around and worn as bracelets.

A before photo of the american flag top:


And here is after:


This is the purse I am carrying today:




This morning I went to our town's 4th of July parade with my mom. We usually go every year, but it was sooo hot out today and I was standing in the direct sun breathing in all that humidity. At one point I got dizzy and so sick to my stomach I thought I was going to throw up. I had to go squat in the shade and my mom bought a bottled water for me. The parade wasn't anything special this year, but I got to spend time with my mom regardless.


Tonight me and my best friend are driving up to Indianapolis to watch the fireworks downtown. The last two years we drove up for the Indy fireworks and they're really great. We will park in a garage as far up as we can then walk to the top and sit and watch the show. They launch the fireworks off the 3rd tallest building downtown Indy. It's a good time, I just hope it cools down a lot before then. Like I said, it's too hot.

Happy 4th of July everyone! Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment